Off Topic

?Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.? President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Yep. My dad and I had just pulled into my grandfather's driveway when we heard President Roosevelt on the car radio. That seems so long ago.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

That's because it WAS long ago. :)

You were lucky to have a radio in your car. In 1941 most cars on the road did not have radios.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Tom I wondered about that but since I was minus 2 at the time I don't remember :-)

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

: > You were lucky to have a radio in your car. In 1941 most cars on the road : > did not have radios. : >

: > Tom : >

: Tom : I wondered about that but since I was minus 2 at the time I don't : remember :-) : : JoBo :

I was -16 DAnnnnngggggg! KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

So, exactly what IS a Superheterodyne ?????

Some of the names they used back then are so Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

KJK

: > Tom : > I wondered about that but since I was minus 2 at the time I don't : > remember :-) : >

: > JoBo

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Opposite of a superhomodyne.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I was trying to remember the name of it. Seems like Stewart-Warner. There was a large box that attached to the firewall on the passenger side, and a control head that mounted to the side of the steering column. There were mechanical cables between the head and box, much like speedometer cables. It ran on an internal vibrator power supply.

Dick

Reply to
Dick

Spdloader

It's the technical name for the basic AM radio circuit design. In the context, it was probably advertising hype.

Reply to
RJ

I was -26

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

lol !!

That was funny!

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Gotta love ya Matt.. you crack me up. I was looking for "the pun" but it escaped me. Evidently it was hiding there in the asylum with you.

KJK

: > Some of the names they used back then are so : > Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! : >

: > KJK : >

: > : > Tom : > : > I wondered about that but since I was minus 2 at the time I don't : > : > remember :-) : > : >

: > : > JoBo : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Speaking of Big Vibrators.... I drove a Wrangler this afternoon that had some pretty aggressive tires on it. One of the tires had some tread worn off the outside, looked like it tried to grip a rock, for quite a while before it actually got traction.

When I got out, I had to look twice to be sure it didn't have a Harley insignia on the back end of it.

KJK

: >

KJ.Kate

That's kind of what I suspected. Sounded a bit George Jetson-ish But hey, what do I know? LOL

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

"Dave Milne" wrote : > I was -16 DAnnnnngggggg! : > KJK : >

: : I was -26 : : Dave Milne, Scotland : '91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Hey... I saw your picture.. I'm callin BS on that one Dave!

Reply to
KJ.Kate

OUCH! Now my head hurts.

So... it makes it work when you wiggle the knob?

j/k

thanks :)

KJK

: > Some of the names they used back then are so : > Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! : >

: > KJK : >

: > : > Tom : > : > I wondered about that but since I was minus 2 at the time I don't : > : > remember :-) : > : >

: > : > JoBo : >

: >

: :

Reply to