Q on replacing headers

I'm gonna replace the POS headers on the ZJ this weekend and just wondered. None of the books address using new torque washers (the cone washer things) or bolts. Apart from the downtube bolts that is.

My experience from the 305 is they loosen after the first heat cycle, but unlike the 305, my setup hides the bolts and makes some dang near impossible to get at.

The other question I had dealt with using new O rings on the injectors. Couple of places around here just said to re-use them. Possibly adding a touch of light oil to make it easier to slide them in.

Not like it's going to kill me to hunt down loose bolts but if 10$ in hardware would save me some grief that's a better way.

Thoughts?

Reply to
DougW

If they're that hard to get at, I'd replace them. I hate doing stuff twice.

I'd replace them. You'd probably be ok if you don't separate the injectors from the rail, but I wouldn't risk a gas leak under the hood. I have seen some start to leak just from being disturbed a little.

Reply to
bllsht