Replacement floor panels

I am cutting and welding some rust spots on my CJ7. Looking for new floor sections that I can weld it or cut up and weld in the sections I need. Local places want too much money for them, who on the internet has the best prices for tub panels like that? JC Whitney has them for $40 plus shipping, anyone out there cheaper? Anything too look for as of quality or other ideas?

Reply to
fletcher

go to Omix-ada,com

find a local distributor at there web site. I replaced the complete pan in my 83 CJ7. great quality and beats anything you will get from JC Whitney and the likes.

Reply to
Ted

The online catalog at omix-ada is not working. From websites all I can see is a entire floor section. A front section is both sides, under the feet, and under the seats and sells for $250. Does that sound right? All i really need to to repair some smaller holes under the feet where carpet trapped water. Does omix-ada make floor pan alone?

Reply to
fletcher

I've used the floor pan material from JC Whitney. Pro: material is aluminized steel for rust resistance, metal is one gage heavier than stock, panels have the various necessary bends (which is why you buy them rather than flat sheet stock!) Con: There were lots of variations in the original body stampings so the repair pannels are not a perfect fit. You will need to tweak and fiddle to get them to work. Net: If I had to do it again I would.

Whatever you do, you will have to fight the rust that is already there. Even though the hole may be small, the metal around it is always thinner and weaker than stock material. Result is that when you cut back to get to some solid, weldable base metal, your

2" hole is suddenly a 12" hole.

fletcher wrote:

Reply to
Roy J

I got my floor pan material from Quadratec. I think most all of the suppliers get them off the same dies. They do require fitting, but as Roy said, I would do the floor this way again.

Now the sides are another story.....

See the patching run-amok here:

Still in process.

Tom

The Ox (Oxide) '86 CJ7, 258 I6, 4 spd, 3" Lift, 33x12.5 BFG's '96 XJ PMS '01 ZJ TS

Reply to: Group, or snipped-for-privacy@spleen.acd.net Remove my spleen to reply. (please be gentle) Home page:

stuff:
aint much, but it's mine.

Reply to