repair manual

I need a repair manual for a 2003 Optima. When I went in for my

30,000 mile oil change I discovered what I had to do to keep up the warranty. The prices were outrageous and according to the service manager I had to let Kia do them or do them myself. Also, I could not buy after market parts. They want $18.00 for one spark plug and I have to pay it or else. I could not let another repair shop do them without voiding my warranty. If I had known this I would have never bought the car. I want from a very pleased Kia owner to feeling like a sucker in 30 seconds. But that is another issue.

Is there an aftermarket service manual for this car??

Reply to
mellow1

I'm brand-new to this board, but ... if you are in the US, look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. IIRC, it specifically prohibits this kind of behavior.

Reply to
Karl Perry

You're absolutely correct. In the US, such restrictions are prohibited. As I recall, the same is true in some other countries as well.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

The factory service manual is available online:

Hope this helps!

regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim Bronson

Thanks for all the information from everyone. It has been very helpful. If anyone else thinks of anything, please let me know.

Reply to
mellow1

BullShit you can do your owen oil.. this are som things that Kia or any Repair place should do but you do not have to do it at a KIA dealer! GO to a NAPA repair Center and they will take care of you

Reply to
Tom