Repair manual

Does any one have an opinion on the best repair manual for an amateur for the 2008 Tacoma, and why? Haines, Chilton, Toyota? TIA Gene

Reply to
geneb927

No Brainer- Toyota if you can afford it.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

These days, you can buy the Toyota product for $10 in 24 hr bites.

All you can eat, save it to a CD, print what you need nearby in the garage.

techinfo.toyota.com

It's also searchable.

That's the second recommendation I've made for it today, maybe I should ask for commission!

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl

haynes and toyota together will keep you rolling. chilton's have gotten overpriced.

Reply to
someone

or go to autozone's site for free. who's the guy with that url?

Reply to
someone

Haynes is a good starter one for the amateur because it provides additional hints and suggestions, although not as detailed as the oem shop manual and can be quite general in some places. Autozone has free guides but because it's free it stays some years behind. Won't hurt to check as an additional reference:

Also, since Autozone bought AllData you can subsribe to the latest info there too. Sample AllData info:

johngdole

Autozone has the genuine Toyota docs?

Let's have that url!