any known problems with new range rover

hi all if you please, report any known to youissues with new range equiped with

3.0l TD6 any one run ti on biodisel?? greetz
Reply to
grzegorz_n

god! sorry for bad typing too much wine :)

Reply to
grzegorz_n

Apparently there is a problem with less than reliable front differentials. There have been many minor issues but mine has been faultless over 25000 miles so far. I could not say the same for my previous BMW X5 [which shares many components under the skin] or Mercedes ML270.

The TD6 in mine, which is mildly chipped, does 26mpg on average and on a good run can easily exceed 31mpg without trying. The engine is noisier than my previous X5 but latest BMW 6 cylinder engines are noisier than earlier ones in all applications including the 330 diesel.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

so if you would want to buy second hand one under 50k of milage what production year would you go for?? any difference? thnx

Reply to
grzegorz_n

Any used vehicle of that mileage bought from a franchised dealer should have had any relevant updates or modifications done and should work perfectly. The front diff is always a concern and apparently gives no warning of failure. Expect a warranty and expect to pay a premium price for one of these.

If you find one outside of the main dealer network then pay substantially less for it and take it to a main dealer for a major service and to make sure everything is modified and works as it should. If the screen which has sat-nav [if fitted] is playing up, expect a massive bill to rectify.

I have the poverty pack without sat-nav and am completely satisfied with it but the seats are rather hard compared to luxo versions. In fact the only thing I miss about my old X5 are the comfort seats but do not miss the memory function.

Huw

Reply to
Huw