Disco Bonnett prob

I cannot get my bonnet release to work, it has been relatively hard to release for a while now it wont pull at all. Any ideas?

cheers

rob

Reply to
robbitt

Hi Rob,

Sounds liek the cable has come out, easiest way is hammer and wide flat chisel whack it under the bonnet upwards where the piston is on the bonnet.

Andrew Renshaw

It sounds like the release cable has seized. You may be able to get to the underside of the release mechanism through the front grille. You can on a Defender and Classic Range Rover, never had to try on a Disco....

If you can get to it you'll be able to release the bonnet by sliding the catch.

If you can get the front grill off without releasing the bonnet you'll be onto a winner, again this is possible on a late RRC (horizontal grill) and Defender.

HTH

Dave W.

Dave White

Pull harder. You will be no worse off if it breaks. If it does break it is *just* possible to release the mechanism with a screwdriver. I needed someone pulling up on the bonnet too to make things happen. If you buy the new release mechanism/cable first you will be able to see how it works. You'll be lucky to be able to see what you are doing with the one on the car.

Best of luck....

Anyone got a 300tdi disco bonnet release mechanism/cable going spare?

David

Reply to
D.P.Round

David,

You are welcome to the whole assembly on Piglet.....I have bonnet pins now (for the last 4 years in fact). Of course you'll have to strip them off yourself at a show....but hey ;-) As long as I'm around!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Neil,

Knowing your luck recently somebody will take you up on this and decide to smash the passenger door glass to remove the internal part of the mechanism...

P.

Hoping this doesn't happen.

Needing a bigger spring on his bonnet release to counter the light pod.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Once i had the grill off i could get at the assembly and release it

cheers

rob

Reply to
robbitt