diso front axle - fluid capacity?

I'm having a battle with my local Ford dealer now, they put a new axle in my 95 disco, and about 3 days later it started making noise like the

1st one did. This time I was in the city so I took it to a shop that knew their way around rovers, and they tell me that the hub end did not have enough fluid in it, and the seal that caused the fluid to leak out in the first place was not replaced, even though I supplied them a new one along with the axle when I got the new parts. The ford dealer told me that they put in about .8 litres of fluid, as the instructions in alldata.com specified. The shop I have it at now says it takes more than that, and that the dealer had poured fluid in via the shaft housing(?) and had not taken used the fill plug nor did they check the level with the check plug.

I am curious as to how much fluid is required, more for my own curiosity than anything since it would have all leaked out and what the ford dealer put in is rather moot at this point anyway. I've tried to find it online, but no luck so far.

Reply to
Glen S

It should be 1.7 Litres - or more esily, until it reaches the level of the level plug in the diff pan.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd