Does this guy want too much to install a transfer case?

Well I'm probably going to get the q-box to replace my noisy t-box, so I called the local indy rover guy and he quoted me a price of $850 to install the new q-box. I'm going to look for some other Euro mechanics in the Vegas area tomorrow but was wondering what you guys thought of that price (too much, decent)?

Reply to
eric

I don't know what a Q box is can you please elaborate.

Also what sort of Landrover product have you got?

Cheers

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I assume he means LT230T or LT230Q. A bit more info would help, tho.

That's over 500 squid, mind, for what - half a day's work, plus fluids and making good. Sound a lot to me for fitting only. If the $850 included the t-box it would seem more reasonable.

DaveP

Reply to
Dave P

It will be an LT230 with Quiet gears fitted.

Reply to
Nige

On or around 26 Jan 2006 07:40:51 -0800, "Dave P" enlightened us thusly:

I was a touch miffed by 300+ quid to change a complete box-and-transfer in the disco last year or so.

In fact, though what really miffed me was being fed bullshit by the garage bloke as to how they managed to clock up 24 hours labour on a job that the LR manual says takes 6 hours. ferfexache, I could do it meself without all the proper kit in less than 24 working hours.

Still, nemmind. I take me work and money and tyre purchases elsewhere now :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles