Elecktrickery help required on RRC

If there's a towbar fitted, check there isn't a short in the electrical connector.

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner

Need some help please guys, indicators have stopped working, hazards still work, fuses all ok, flasher relay kicks into action, good contacts on the stalk unit.. I am rapidly running out of idea's. Anyone had the same sort of fault?

Steve

85 RRC 3.5 V8
Reply to
Steve Hoppé

Steve Hoppé vaguely muttered something like ...

Earth fault. On my S3 similar symptoms, corroded earth strap twixt ebgine and chassis .. new one (two actually, one from chassis to battery, one from engine to chassis) cured it .. ;) Good. clean, joints are essential.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I had the same fault on my 110 some 5 years or so ago, turned out tho be the hazard switch which contained a set of changeover contacts to use the flasher for all 4 at once instead of the normal side by side operation. When you switch hazards on, it disconnects the power feed from the indicator switch supply, if hazard switch contact fails then no indicators when hazards off. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Lee_D vaguely muttered something like ...

You were saying ????

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Ahem.... this is a family newsgroup I'll have you know.

;-)

But regards the problems my money is on... Earth as suggested or crappy connection on the fuse box.. My first Rangie a 1983 Classis...Reggie had a regular problem along similar lines which I recall was oxidised fuse carriers..while the fuse was ok and the voltage got through it simply wasn't good enough to flash the indiactors... If my memory serves me right the Hazards run from a seperate relay so that they work with the ignition off.... Have a jiggle in your box.

This was a RRC with the glass type fuses in the engine bay just infront of the passenger side bulkhead ... not the later type with the fuses on the left of the centre console.

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I'll second that.

Reply to
EMB

In my experience it pays to know your wiring and how to by pass in an emergency, I don't have hazards but I had my indicators and stop light fail on more than one occasion and it turned out to be the fuse box notwithstanding it was all wired up wrong anyway.

My stalk is knackered and I am not paying the cost of another one which will only get knackered as well.

No double entendre intended, this is a family newsgruop we are reminded :)

Reply to
Larry

Thirded!!

Leave an indicator switched on, and try having a fiddle with the hazard switch, see if you get any life from indicators.

Reply to
SimonJ

Cheers for the suggestions, tried the first few that came through, will look at the fuses and relays again in the morning, survived the day on hand signals, much to the better halfs amusement

Steve

Reply to
Steve Hoppé

On or around Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:43:10 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

I've had that one too, cost me a new hazard switch.

Reply to
Austin Shackles