Help required - 110 bellhousing

All,

I am in the process of taking the 2.5TD out of the 1990 110 County to replace it with a 200Tdi. Problem is I can't separate the engine from the bell-housing.

Now I have taken out all the bell-housing nuts I can find, but is that all the fixings there are?

So, how many nuts/bolts should I undo on a 110?

Answers ASAP !

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

according to the Rover shop manual - to 1990

ch 12 page 68 2.5 diesel

There should be 8 bolts to remove to remove to release the bell housing from the block

This is our planned project for next season - July 2008

If you discover any secrets to the process please share them with the inexperienced

Ross Grant

Reply to
ross grant

In fact there were 11! of which 3 are absolute b@st@rds!

The Tdi200 is now in on the engine mounts and 5 of the bell housing bolts. Tomorrow is a day of rest, then we start again Sunday.

Can anybody supply a picture of how & where the air filter is mounted in a Defender 110 200Tdi

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

I count 11!

That came from here,

Might help.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:29:11 GMT, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

all of 'em. HTH...

dunno, but I reckon there are more than 8. but mine's got a V8 and an auto box, so probably completely different.

Reply to
Austin Shackles