Engine numbers

I used to have a link to a site that listed Landrover engine numbers but it's gone astray. I've got a messed-with Defender to do some work on and I'm trying to make sure I've identified the engine correctly (a V8). I

*think* it's a 3.9 but I want to be sure. Can anyone help with a link please?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

this one?

Tom Woods

also - i wish you would put something after the 'steve' in your name as it always confuses me which steve i am replying too!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Not as far as I can see and remember. Your link only seems to do VIN's but it's the engine number decode that I'm after. Thanks anyway.

Steve something

Reply to
Steve

sorry. didnt check it. just remembered i thought it was called 'calvin'. you could search through the google groups archive for A.F.L? might find it?

:-)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yep, I'm trying that but so far come up blank. I've thought about it a bit more and I'm sure it also listed P5B and SD1 engine numbers. More searching......

Steve something

Reply to
Steve

Found one! It's not the one I remember, but it's good enough.

Steve something

Reply to
Steve

Also try v-8.org

Reply to
Badger

Yes I saw that one but their list of numbers doesn't go as high as 36D. Hmm. 36D..... ( . )( . )

Steve something

Reply to
Steve

36D is a 3.9 rangerover automatic. Badger.
Reply to
Badger

No, 36D is what snuggles against my back most nights. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

and mine ;)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Lucky buggers!

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:42:47 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

indeed. mind, I bet they pay for it in other ways...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Damned right. But SWMBO has left recently so the search is on for a younger, blonder, sexier model (preferably with a father who owns a brewery). ;-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:33:43 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

you can dream, innit. I know a chap who paired up with a then-young lass whose parents owned a noted pub. Mind, they've since sold it and retired.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

No deprived I would say 40DD :-) smug !

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Size isn't everything, bumpy off roading causes me no discomfort ;-) (and no, I'm not saying)

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

My wife would agree. Although she occasionally hankers after a bit more evening dress filling. Something I have cured by not taking her out to posh places any more ;-)

Also sister-in-law of a mate _hates_ his Porsche something-or-other because of the discomfort caused to her upper works by the awful ride.

On balance the ladies I know who have expressed any thoughts in my hearing seem to prefer, how shall I put it?, a more compact, racing line to anything else.

Richard

Reply to
Richard