how life is going

my 109 s2a diesel is going nicely .... to a halt, the parts are painted stuff waiting to get fitted en all that is keeping me up is: bulkhead. i need the pillars replaced, footwells replaced and the corners done. i am a bit worried to f*ck-up with it, with the messurements, i have space, killed my rare alfa to make space, and my 88lw td is also broken. how can i make shure i restore it correctly, and what are the options of internal and external protection, as galving makes ya bulkhead warp. thanks and cheers, and for who is going, i am going to be at peterborough show next month Arjan The dutch nutter.

Reply to
the dutch nutter

Almost OK here, got the front wing off the RR rebuilt the inner welded the bulkhead just need to apply a bit of sealer to make sure its watertight and .......I noticed a rust bubble and a pinhole on the inside of the of the Disco's rear door opening and I poked it then some more then I got a wide bladed screwdriver and made a bloody great hole. I've just ordered another load of mig wire! cos when I finished fabicating the o/s I noticed a pinhole on the n/sand applied the angle grinder and coarse brush. ..Oh shit!

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Derek, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

You fixed the waterpump on that Rangie yet? Sounded bloody awful when Carl had it.

Reply to
Pete M

Dont worry - they all need fitting using ropes/levers, ratchet straps or big hammers :) The measurements are nto that critical!

Footwells are easy. If by corners you mean the bottom corner posts, tack them on, then put the bulkhead onto the chassis and get them lined up before proper welding. Or you could perhaps make a wooden jig before stripping?

Or just guess like many people do (I did) and then have fun fitting it. Only took 3 people with crowbars to get my 2A bulkhead back on i think :)

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

loads of work there to be done but i am only comming over with my 109 diesel. cheers, Arjan The dutch nutter

Reply to
the dutch nutter

Arjan you might save yourself a bit of hassle with this panel off fleabay #320080593279

Derek

Reply to
Derek

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...

hi derek, i already got them with the box of parts i orderd, all i need to repair the bulkhead, tank, brakes , clutch and loads of original parts that paddock did not have on the list but still had. even as a lhd panel set.thanks for thinking with me. cheers, Arjan

Reply to
the dutch nutter