Land Rover, Narrowstep Launch Broadband Network

Land Rover, Narrowstep Launch Broadband Network

LONDON/NEW YORK, April 13: Automotive brand Land Rover has teamed with IPTV company Narrowstep to launch a broadband channel, Go Beyond, covering travel, food and wine and other lifestyle content.

Go Beyond TV launched in New York offering a variety of original material from the Discovery Channel and sponsored partners including Born Free, Biosphere Expeditions and the Royal Geographical Society. New content will be added every month, and in addition there will be live broadcasts from special events, such as the Land Rover G4 Challenge, which begins in Thailand on April 23.

The first broadband TV channel to be launched by a car company, the project was developed by MindShare. Phil Popham, MD of Land Rover, noted, ?Go Beyond is about going beyond personal boundaries and experiencing adventure in its many forms. It amplifies the core brand promise of Land Rover to ?Go Beyond.? It will also enhance our dealer environments, and work in tandem with our landrover.com website to drive sales and further improve customer loyalty.?

Popham continued, ?The aim is to suit everybody?s idea of going beyond. It is certainly not a motoring channel, although you can find out about our Land Rover range of vehicles?and many of the adventures will feature Land Rovers. For some, off-roading in Africa will be their idea of going beyond. For others, it may be experimenting with new and exotic cuisine or staying in an extraordinary luxury hotel.?

Reply to
mv

Hmm sounds like a press release to me ? I found the site and had a look

(google is my friend) and saw why I didn't even think about the G4 challenge for more than a millisecond if you have broadband it streams quite well . Enjoy Derek

Reply to
Derek