Oil pressure gauge

If I was to fit a manual oil pressure gauge, where would be the best spot? Right now I have an idiot light. I was thinking of screwing a "T" into the oil pressure light socket and take off of that. Thus keeping the oil sender operational. I noticed in the service manual that a pressure gauge can be connected to the same area as mentioned but only for diagnosing. I was looking for something more permanent.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

You don't say what model you have. My 2.25 petrol 2a has a Tee on the hole for the sender, with a direct acting gauge as well as the sender. I fitted this several years ago and it seems to work OK. JD

Reply to
JD

Yea... I guess this would help

'89 RR 3.5L NAS

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

Do as you first suggested - a T in the pressure switch to a pipe off to the guarge inside the car.... I can sell you all the bits you need if you can't get it locally.....

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4