OT Help!

A friend has a 2000 Jeep Cherokee that's got a rear wheel bearing on the way out (the old "woo-woo-woo-woo-woo" noise coming from the back left corner). I've told him 'til I'm blue that he should flog it and get a Landrover but he says his missus likes it. So that's that I s'pose! Anyway, does anyone here know how simple (or not) it is to change a rear wheel bearing on a Jeep (and if so, how)? I can't find anything online anywhere and it seems that parts suppliers - or at least the ones I've found so far - only list front hub units with bearings to the tune of £170 (which presumably means bearing factory pre-fitted into hub). This apparent lack of parts listings for rear axle wheel bearings doesn't bode well, but does anyone know?

Any input much appreciated.

Steve DII for workdays SIII for playdays RR for swearing at

Reply to
Steve

You couild have a squint at your yellow pages for a local Bearing Services branch they are very helpful and will probably point you in the right direction if they cannot supply the bearings or better still

who seem to keep the bearings in stock ( £15.95 ea) Derek

Reply to
Derek

Excellent, thanks Derek. Now just for an exploded diagram or "it comes apart/goes together like this" or something and I'm on a roll. Anyone else help?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Bing !!