Towing a 90...

With a Golf.

Thoughts?

If i were to get a braked trailer from somewhere, would the golf pull my 90?

Diesel is getting so expensive - I get private miles included in my tax from work, so i would be able to get to a lot more places to play.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I'm now too far removed from the UK to comment in a legal sense, but common sense and life experience says *NO*.

Reply to
EMB

Yes, but don't get caught. (c:

Get a company Land Rover instead?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Seconded that opinion. Now Golf's are good cars and I'm sure it would cope in an emergency but it's not up to the job and I would definitely say you would get a 'pull' for that. The insurance wouldn't like it and would use it as a get out in the event of an accident I'm sure. Deffo NO.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

No then :)

Thought as much.

Next plan is to get my siphon pump out ;)

joke....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Belive me ive tried!!

Has to be a 4 door car at the moment - I hear that we may be going to lease, then i might have a better chance :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

A RR Sport has 4 doors, and is a type of car. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Thu, 29 May 2008 22:33:09 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

great minds...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

More likely to get away with a Freeloader 2 tho and they are a nice looking motor IMO (not driven one yet)

Derek

Are you mad?

No need to answer :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Not Mad..

Skint!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Derek

A lady I work with had a D3 for a couple of years, and it was back in the workshop more often than it was on the road. She was considering seveal options for a replacement, and eventually went for a Freeloader (LR offered her thousands more for a trade-in than Toyota etc). In the six weeks she has had it, it has been back 3 times (and off road for two of those weeks) for an undiagnosed issue of failing to start/poor running, and she is seriously considering rejecting the vehicle. Ain't looking good for LR round here ....

Reply to
Rich B

There's a certain BMW round here thats behaving like that. It's going back next week, and a refund *will* be forthcoming.

Reply to
EMB

Hey, good luck with that.

Reply to