Bloody Tesco highway robbery

We had a few different brand filling stations round the village until Tesco and their discounted fuel policy caused Elf and Total to pull out leaving just 3 Shell stations I called in to fuel up (didn't) and they have hiked the price to 128.9 actually 3p per more than Shell worse the veg oil which 4 weeks ago was 52p is now 118p. Beats me why they don't go the whole hog and wear a mask and carry horse pistols.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Its 1.30 here at the moment at the shell garage

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

=A31.30? Daylight robbery, there are 3 Shell garages round here (Solihull) and they're all at =A31.24...I wouldnt mind if they were consistent...

-- Paul

1996 RR P38 4.0SE (LPG - 46p a litre! Get in!!) 1992 RR Vogue SE (Not LPG, but still fun!)
Reply to
Pacman

On or around Fri, 30 May 2008 08:43:41 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

131.6 the other day. However, the shell fuelcard is more than that for this week, so I reckon it's going up again.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Local Tesco's (Trowbridge) was 128.9 this week aand Aldi oil was 92p/ litre

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

*sigh* go on then, "what's a horse pistol".
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Local Tesco's (Trowbridge) was 128.9 this week aand Aldi oil was 92p/ litre

Cheers

Peter

Tesco's here in my area is £124.9, thats Atherton in Wigan folks.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Goodness mate I didn't realise I was that old, a heavy long barrelled pistol allegedly favoured by Highwayman - (the blokes with tricorn hats not the ones in dayglo toyotas on the motorways) usually carried in a holster on the horse - sorry I couldn't resist posting the link

Derek

Derek

Ah right, I thought you were cracking a gag and was expecting a reply along the lines of "where you go if your health isn't *stable* (gettit gettit)". I heard a similar joke while travelling on a duckway transporting a chavin.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I was just thinking I hadn't seen many horses about lately but there's no shortage of 'desert chicken'

Reply to
Oily