towing trailer

Hi all would a 1.9 polo be man enough to tow a small trailer with lightweight stuff on such as lawn mower, also anyone know approx price of supply and fitting a towbar many thanks Frank

Reply to
jfp

jfp ( snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Your handbook will tell you what the towing weight limit is. Your local yellow pages will contain the phone number of several companies who can quote to fit a towbar.

Or you could google for it.

are good on supply of 'bars for most recentish stuff. Expect an hour or two to fit.

Reply to
Adrian

Unless it's a really big mower, yes.

Reply to
Duncanwood

I would really hope so! I used to have a towbar on a 1000cc Mini and happily towed a trailer with three engines in it, with a 16 stone passenger in the car.

Reply to
adder1969

I tow with my 206 SW with the 1997cc HDi engine. Will tow up to 1 tonne with no problems.

Reply to
Doctor D

I had a towbar fitted to my 1.9D Citroen ZX to tow a trailer for camping gear, slabs, rubbish etc. No problems. Trailer is 6"x4". Tow bar cost £120 including fitting and electrics.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray