1999 Lexus ES 300

I just bought this car a couple day ago for $5800. The inside and outside are both just shy of mint condition. A couple minor scraps, nothing too noticable. It has 202,000 miles on it. The first thing I had to do was a get a brake job as they were almost completely gone. Now I need to decide where to take it to get a full service as I have no idea when the last time the plugs were changed, filters etc. I have two questions...

1) Do I have to take it to Lexus dealership or is there somewhere else I could take it for a "full service" and trust they'll do it right.

2) I have been told by numerous people that if I take care of it but doing the maintenance religiously, it can and should last for atleast another 100,000 miles. I will do my part without question. Is it true it could last another 100,000 miles?

Reply to
kemahcoder

1) You can also take it to a Toyota dealer for service. Training for most of the features and mechanical/electrical systems are the same, and most maintenance parts are the same. 2) Yes, depending on the present condition of the car, how you take care of it, the environment it is used in, and luck.
Reply to
Ray O

Make sure you change the oil and do it often!

These engines are prone to sludge which can result in catastrophic engine failure. Change the oil!

Reply to
kparato