2002 LS430 telephone hook-up

We just got a 2002 LS430 with Nav, LexusLink, and ML stereo. Nice car. I'm wondering about cell phone hook-up.

While in the far east for the last 1 1/2 years, I had a 2003 Camry company car. It was pre-wired for cell phone hook-up. There was a modular jack in the center front storage compartment to hook-up cell phone. You just got a cable that corresponded to your phone make (Nokia in my case), and plugged it in. Then you had hands free calling with mmicrophone and speaker which muted radio while talking. Does LS430 have such a system? It was great. I know the new ones are bluetooth enabled, but not the 2002s.

Any comments on phone hook-up appreciated.

Thanks, XPlant

Reply to
Xplant

There's really no neat or integrated means to put a cell phone in any of the Lexus models without it being Bluetooth-enabled. There's no cabling, no jacks, no convenience hookups, no nothing. Damnit, it's just not meant to be. There's some aftermarket stuff around from Motorola, but what I've seen of it amounts to mostly a kludge and of course requires having a Motorola phone and paying to have it professionally installed. In the end I think you're really going to wish you had Bluetooth.

Reply to
New Owner