ES 330 Braking Power

Maybe I'm spoiled by incredible braking power of my 2003 Odyssey. But I'm not too impressed with braking power of my new 2006 ES 330. Can ES owners comment?

Reply to
Jonathan Fidelis

I'm not sure what you mean by the term "braking power." If you are talking about the sensation of being thrown forward when making hard stops, a tall vehicle will tend to have a greater sensation than a low vehicle. As an analogy, someone sitting on the upper decks of a ship will experience much more rocking than someone sitting on one of the lower decks, even though they both traveled the same distance on the ship.

I'm pretty sure that the Odyssey weighs more than the ES 330 so the Odyssey probably takes longer to stop.

If you are talking about stopping distances, you may be able to find specs on 30-0 or 50-0 distances so you can quantify and actually measure stopping distance.

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, I was talking about the actual stopping distance, not the sensation. My Odyssey's brakes stops the car with strong force. They feel very solid. In contrast, my ES's brakes feel spongy. I haven't scientifically tested but it just feels that my Odyssey takes shorter to stop than my ES.

Reply to
Jonathan Fidelis

Reply to
Steve Jacobs

Actually, my 06 ES's brakes feel and perform like 96 Camry's which it replaced. Maybe I expected too much.

Reply to
Jonathan Fidelis

It is possible to adjust the pushrod for the vacuum booster but then the brakes will tend to be too touchy.

Reply to
Ray O