GS400 tire changing

I don't know if anyone has experienced this but, here goes. A couple years ago I had a flat and was on a slight incline. With the car in park and the parking brake set, it rolled back off the jack. A month ago, my wife called and said she had a flat. The car again was on a slight incline. Again, with the car in park and the brake set, I just got the lug nuts on a turn or two, and the car rolled backward and came off the jack. This seems like a serious saftey issue. I've never experiened this with any other car I've owned , nor heard of it happening. Any comments from the Lexus group?

Reply to
Randy Kalal

I believe the parking brake only brakes the rear wheels. Likewise, putting the car in park only locks the rear wheels on a RWD car. So if you're on an incline and jack either front wheel without other measures, then it will be suspectible to rolling off.

I don't know if the GS is more suspectible that most, but you should always chock the wheel diagonally opposite the one you're changing.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen