LS 460 pricing

Anyone have definitive pricing ranges for the 460 and 460L?

When will they be in the dealerships??

Reply to
ARAR

Rumor has it that the LS460 ranges from 75 to $88K. The 460 L starts at $95K. And that rumor is from dealers backed up by info from some web based discount buying services. They will be in by Mid October, with the first ones well before then. But the local dealer says that he is sold out through next Feb to April, depending on the salesman you talk to. The web guys say they will be able to get them, probably, but at first they will sell for over sticker price. And REMEBER the new tranny problem on the ES330 !!!!!! I was going to do the Mercedes S550, but when I got it duded up it ran over $100K with all its known unreliabilities, so I looked at the Lexi. And I decided on the LS430 from 2006 which is the last of its model year and so is nicely debugged (I hope). So far it is OK, but much rougher than my old S420.

Good luck!

Reply to
mcbrue

"mcbrue" quipped:

I not sure what you mean by "much rougher". In refinement? In ride?

Either way, I disagree since by your own admission, they're notoriously unreliable.

Also, the LS and ES transmissions are totally unrelated. The LS has never had the transmission problems reported in the ES.

As for "debugging", I have both an 00 ES and an 03 LS and neither have any "bugs".

Is your only experience with a Lexus your current 06 LS? Because if it is, you would know that with the exception of *some* of the later model ES'es there are relatively few bugs.

Something that my colleagues who own BMW's and Benzes have grown used to experiencing.

Reply to
amstaffs

"Much rougher" - the tranny in the LS bangs and bumps when it shifts through its 6 speeds while I NEVER felt the 5 speed Mercedes tranny shift.

"Much rougher" - the inside things in the LS are just not of the same quality - the spaces to put things are smaller; the cover between the seat and the console are short which allows stuff you put there to fall down and get ground up by the seat moving back and forth; it has a cheesy thing to drop down and cover the space over the mirror while the Mercedes has a nice black dotted windshield there; and there are more. This is NOT a Mercedes. Of course it is more reliable, or at least it had darned well better be. I didn't go downstream this far to get more unreliable behaviour out of a car !!!!

I currently have (well, my wife has it) a 2000 ES and had a 1993 ES before that. So yes, I do have experience with the Lexus Marque. The ESs have had a bad tranny problem (93 model - well known) and the brake pads and rotors on the 2000 just sort of wrinkled up and vibrated a lot until I replaced half of them and Lexus did the other half. And there have been other little problems, but only the slowly failing 93 tranny had the ability to strand me on the side of the road.

Also I think I have noted the same "hunting" at around 40 mph or so in the LS that the ESs have done. This is just something that I have noted when cruising along. Hard to show the Lexus wrenchs the problem, and it probably is not a problem.

The tranny problem I refer to in the ES series is the one that is well documented in here. On the bad ES tranny, when you step on it, it just sits there and thinks for a while before it takes off. The LS tranny in the 06 model is the old LS tranny which is not the same as the new ES tranny nor the same as the New New ES tranny which evidently replaced the killer tranny. From what I could tell, there was a problem with the adaptive portions of the killer tranny. I call it a killer tranny because if you have something bearing down on you at high speed such as a run-away cement truck, you need to get going NOW to save your life. And the killer tranny could not do it.

So my point about the new LS 8 speed tranny is that the possibility exists that Lexus will produce another screwed up tranny product. Might not be a problem in Japan, but over here in the US .... well ... we need cars that get up and go when we command them to.

Reply to
mcbrue

mcbrue you are outta control with your comments lol, i get a laugh everytime i read them

Reply to
NYLexSC

Spoke to my local Lexus dealership today. No pricing until October 19th, with the LS460's supposedly arriving Oct. 20th. Has no information on trim packages etc. other than what is on the back cover of the small and limited information brochure that is currently available for the new LS line. What a worthless piece of junk. You'd think they'd have a really nice brochure for a new flagship that had some information. Has to be the worst brochure they've ever thrown together.

Reply to
ARAR

WHAT ????? The perfect car company has not done a perfect job on its brochures???? What can be next - maybe a substandard transmission in one of the small models ??? No, wait, they did that trick. Hmmmm ...

Reply to
mcbrue

Rofl!!!!!!

Why do you focus on the ONE real issue Lexus has had in over 17 years of business?

We can do this for EVERY car company out there, and name so many MORE than one for each of them.

Anyway, the transmission issue is not even that serious, you blow it way out of proportion. It's just annoying, thats all. I have the same tranny in my 2006 Avalon, I find it annoying, not dangerous. Your argument about the speeding cement truck with no brakes is flawed in so many ways.

Your posts are hilarious tho, keep them coming!!

Reply to
NYLexSC

"mcbrue" quipped:

ok..I'll bite....only someone truly retarded would bitch and bitch and bitch about Lexi and then rush out and buy *another* one.

What gives?

Reply to
amstaffs

I believe you have cracked the code on Mr. McBru-ha-ha.

Reply to
Giga

I love my LS430 Ultra, 2004, but I have to be honest that the new brochure they have for the new LS460 line is a complete joke. They definitely could have done better.

Reply to
ARAR

The brochure you received from Lexus is just a preview. The real brochure(booklet) will be at the dealership soon.

Reply to
Robert

Great. Glad to hear that.

Reply to
ARAR

"ARAR" quipped:

I just got an invite for a close session test drive of the LS460 next month at a football stadium. Get to drive it around the track. They're also providing food and music.

Thinking of going. Not that I can afford the new LS460 but it might be something I'd be interested in 3 year buying once the leases start coming back in.

Reply to
amstaffs

No doubt its called the "Taste of Lexus". It's making a tour of the country.

Reply to
Robert