RX330 Tires

Hi:

I own a 2004 RX330 with 47K miles on it, and it is time to change the OEM Goodyear tires with 4 new sets.

I've done some research for my tire size P235/55/R18, the camp is divided to Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 and Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Many tirerack.com reviews gear towards Bridgestone. Any opinions ?

Also, I found out that small wheel diameter (R17), gives me a better price $97 for Michelin Energy LX4, but it is S rating. Any thoughts ?

BR,

V.

Reply to
Vinny

On 12 Jan 2006 08:31:35 -0800, "Vinny" graced this newsgroup with:

I prefer, generally, Michelin's over Bridgestones. I just personally think they ride better and are more quiet. In the past, I've owned a

91 Explorer, a 99 Durango and an 03 Explorer and in all cases, the Michelins were a better tire over the Bridgestones.

It's never an issue to go UP in speed rating, however you should be careful going DOWN in speed rating.

Reply to
Anonymous

I agree with the Michelin recommendation. I find them to be a very nice quiet and long-lasting tire.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

We replaced the OEM Bridgestones with the Alenza on our Pilot. Improved handling overall with less noise. The Alenza is a H rated.

Reply to
TWW

I had original Michelins MXV4 OEMs (P235/55/R18 V rated). Lasted 34K miles. Poor traction all around, and I have AWD model. Replaced with the Alenzas (V rated). Excellent traction. No squeeling on ramps. Ride and quiet about par with Michelins. If you want improved handling and less squeeling on Fwy ramps, go with Alenzas. They do have a

60,000 mileage warranty. So far, 5000 miles on these, no reason to think they won't get at least 40K-50K.
Reply to
bud