'93 Cavalier squeaky heater.

I think it's the heater, anyway. A loud squeaky noise comes from somewhere apparently behind the speedo (etc.) when the fan's on. Is there a way to lubricate or otherwise fix this so that it works without squeaking, without taking (too many) bits off?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

under the bonnet remove the cover over the heater fan and squirt some lube on each end of the fan motor while it is spinning. very common problem, next stage would be that it seizes and blows the fuse.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I'll have a go - is the cover the bit just in front of the windscreen, with a rubber bit around it? Where all the dead leaves and debris collects?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

That is the one, a big bit of thin plastic. take that off and the fan is below, you can do it in situ or take it out (only two bolts)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

You might want to have a look a see if there is a bit of dried leaf stuck around the heater inlet somewhere, and fouling the fan when you switch it on ...

Reply to
R. Murphy