Daewoo Radio, how do I enter the radio code!

I have a 9year old Daewoo Nexia (bought from my Mother 3 months ago with

9500miles on the clock!). The car is fitted with a radio cassette model AKF-9637WG-RE. Unfortunately when a new battery was fitted some months back the radio locked up. Although I have the code (7816) I can't find any way of entering a number greater than 6. The manual informs me to use the radio preset buttons to enter the code but of course there are only 6! I've tried every combination of buttons that I can think of but no joy. Can any-one please help?

thanks,

David

Reply to
David

Normally you use the first button for the first number of the code - press it 7 times in your case, and finally the fifth button enters the code and locks it. Maybe yours doesn't work this way though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Thanks, Dave I'll give it a try tomorrow!

regards,

David

Reply to
David

In news:ch4goo$6jg$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, David decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nope, but I've got the registration D434WOO if you wanna make it really silly!

Reply to
Pete M