Deisel on car?

Hi,

Was at the petrol station today filling up, and a lady having trouble putting deisel on her van started spraying it absolutely everywhere saying there was a leak in the hose. Asked her to stop pressing the lever politely and try a different pump as that one was shut off now. She covered one side of my car in diesel. Washed it off with plain water, just wondering if this will have damaged my paintwork ?

Cheers

Reply to
James_sutton

No. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Diesel fuel is a well known paint stripper and your car will probably be completely stripped to bare metal by morning. I hope you took details so that you can get a new car out of her insurers. Mind you, I would also worry about the integrity of the very metal as this is seriously weakened to the point of turning into a jelly like consistency which is not immediately obvious to the naked eye. You can test a door panels integrity by hitting it hard in a circular pattern with a medium sized [not a sledge] hammer.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

lol