Filling up Cit ZX

I took the wife up to Tescos tonight and thought I'd better fill up the ZX as the fuel guage was in the critical area. It has a 55 litre tank but it took 57.8 litres. Must have been running on fumes !!!

Reply to
Tunku

Maybe the pump was inaccurate to charge you more!

Reply to
pete

"pete" wrote in news:4589d217$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

I would sincerely hope Tesco would not stoop to that.

Reply to
Tunku

Maximum capacity takes into account some room needed for fuel expansion. Typically you get 5-7% more by trickle feeding to the brim.

Alec

Reply to
Alec

My Signum is the other way around - All sources I have seen say it has a 60 litre tank. I have had the trip computer saying 5 miles left, and only managed to get 55 litres into it!

I think my trip computer and flashing light hide must the last gallon from me to stop the diesel pump running dry, but I daren't test that theory.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

That's Vauxhall for you!

Reply to
diy-newby

I've had 3 ZX TDs, they all did that. Orange light comes on and goes off many times before it actually stays on. Usually get about 80-85 miles of sensible driving after it stays on solid. FWIW I got 57 litres in mine a few times....

Mike P.. who's missus now calls him the Filthy Sod...

Reply to
Filthy Sod

This'll do because I can't be arsed to start a new thread. I filled up the screen wash on the Pug 406 at the weekend. This is the first time since the summer (July) and it took a gallon of screenwash and still wasn't full. I wasn't going to fill it until it ran dry just to see how long it would go for but with the bad weather recently I chickened out.

Reply to
malc

I would have thought they would want it the other way - so people take the car to the dealers to get the diesel pump primed to fill their pockets!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith