E34 digital mileage display.

The odometer on my car decided to stop displaying. I came across a website some time ago about this problem, and DIY ways to possibly fix it. Can any one point me to a similar site, or sites. TIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Be interested to know if this is the fix you are looking for and if it works!

Reply to
deadmail

Had a look at that one earlier. The one I recall referred specifically to those components on a PCB concerned with the odometer display. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Looks like all it might need is a new bulb. Looked at it with a torch, and the odometer display is still there. Presumably it's an LCD that needs lighting to be visible. As you can tell. I'm quite an expert on electronics. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You're probably right, I've just had to replace the one behind my clock display.

Unfortunately several segments of the display are also missing, and unlike some, where the ribbon cable plugs in, and sometimes cleaning up the connection solves the problem, this one is ' welded ' in some way.

Rover want £65 for a replacement. They say they have lots in stock ! I'm not at all surprised.

E-mail address, hopefully self-explanatory Andy Pandy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Sounds like a trip to the breakers would be worthwhile. :-) Or try one of the online sites that many breakers subscribe to to supply s/h spares from anywhere in the country by mail order. I picked up a complete rear light cluster for my Celica GT4 using one of them. Came from devon. Cost £35 inc P&P. Around £130 from Toyota. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G