digital display question

I have an 98 intrigue, and the ac has a dual control display. the temp reads the outside temp incorrectly. I have replaced the ac in dash unit, and I still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Reply to
joysbox trio

There must be some sort ot temperature sensor for outside air temps that is probably malfunctioning.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

the temperature is probably interpolated from other sensors. this is how it is done on the C5, and gets you fairly close to the outside temp.

Reply to
Baboo

Reply to
joysbox trio

The sensor appears to be under the vehicle, on the front radiator air baffle. Assuming you can reach it easily, it should not be hard to replace.

Reply to
Robert Hancock