Ford Escort 1.8 diesel - Location of brake servo vacuum pump

Hiya, just a quick one. L reg Ford Escort van 1.8 diesel.

Where is the Brake servo vacuum pump? Is it run off the camshaft, distributor drive, or off the alternator? I've got to do an alternator on one next week!

It hasn't got power steering, if that makes any difference.

Cheers!

Matthew Long

Reply to
Matthew Long

Brake servo is mounted at the front nearside of the cylinder head (if standing at front looking under the bonnet, it's on the front right side of the cylinder head facing you)

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

"> Brake servo is mounted at the front nearside of the cylinder head (if

Cheers!

Reply to
Matthew Long

When undoing the lower bolt, it only needs about three turns and then the housing lifts up - there is a slot in the mounting on the pump.

Reply to
Chris Street

Cheers, but I'm doing the alternator some time soon, and wanted to know if I needed to unbolt the vacuum pump, but if the pump is in a different place, I can leave it where it is :)

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Long