Ford Fiesta Rev's problem

Hi there. Still having a problem which seems to be getting worse. None of the previous suggestions worked so I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. The car is a Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec, year 2000. The car is starting stopping and running normally except that when I stop at lights or a road junction the revs stay high for a couple of seconds before dropping to normal level. Initially the revs were sitting at around 2000 for several seconds and then dropping down to around 950 - 1000. Now when I stop the revs appear to rise as far as 3000 before dropping down to normal after about three seconds. Any ideas chaps?

Alex

Reply to
JAT

i have't been on here for a while,did the previous suggestions mention renew the idle speed control valve(small silver cylinder like object on the inlet manifold)- removing and cleaning it out often doesn't achieve anything

Reply to
ford_technical_

I'll check that out thanks.

Alex