SVA / MOT and KM Speedo

My mum has just bought an import Isuzu Bighorn, and I got to have a play with it today for the first time (and compare with the brilliant similarly aged Paj I imported myself a couple of years ago)......

Questions....

Is it OK to pass an SVA with no speedo conversion (has the dealer fitted a replacement face and removed it after the SVA)?

Will it pass anMOT again without a conversion? It still has factory dials.

I suspect there is some history with this, as the UK docs show it was first registered in the UK in 1994, but it is fully fitted with Japanese Kenwood (no band shift, despite dealer saying there was) stereo and Japanese Sony Sat Nav (complete with software etc) which I don't think you could buy in

1994!

Given what the dealer said when she collected the vehicle, and the observations I've made I think they are exploiting a loophole regarding what you can sell and whether it is UK legal at the time of sale.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Cheers all!

Reply to
Madhouse

you didnt bu it in norwich uk did you ? i bet the satnav works in chinese.

Reply to
aussie bongo (*_*)

Madhouse ( snipped-for-privacy@freenet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It'll need an MPH speedo for SVA.

The speedo doesn't even need to be present or work for the MOT, let alone be MPH.

If it's '94 (never mind where it apparently came from) then it doesn't need SVA. Only vehicles

Reply to
Adrian