Kerb weight and GVW of vehicles - one source? X-Post

Yes it's actually 2040kg to qualify and anything with 4WD qualifies as well as panel vans with seats and load space as long as they satisfy criteria such as windows and that 1/3 length of vehicle interior is transverse seating.

RR sport is a car and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't qualify as a DPV because of weight. We had one at work that was heavily abused towing plant trailers until the driver boiled it dry at

330k miles.

DPV is only really useful for pickups and 4WD commercials to allow for higher speed limits on dual carriageways, plus more available MOT stations.

AJH

Reply to
news

X5 is rather useless in mud.

Reply to
MrCheerful

You know that they will be right eventually :-)

Stopped clock etc.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Actually I read the express daily, and te biggest laugh is their weather forecast. In the last 6 months wee have had predictions of the worst cold/hot/rain/wind/snow what evah at least half a dozen times. Meanwhile the weather has remained boringly normal.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I suspect you'll do better with winter tyres than 4WD. Sadly they don't make them for my car - odd wheel size.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Planning on winter tyres (or M&S) and 4 wheel drive.

At the moment I am lusting after a VW Touareg, Version 2.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David