Mondeo Hatch Stuck

The hatch on my 02 Mondeo occasionally gets stuck and the central locking doesn't emit ints usual clunk in the region of the boot.

Presumably this is an electrical problem.

Before I have a go at it with screwdrivers etc, has anyone else had the same problem? Where should I look?

TIA

JF

Reply to
John Frum

odgy boot motor perhaps. Or if it operates some kinda of actuator this may be a bit seized. Not specific to your car just a general idea. Like some will say you never know till you strip it down then find it was a fuse :)

Reply to
James

If it's intermittent I'll bet it's not the fuse.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Reply to
Mark Smith

Wrench It open boy

Teddy Rubberford!!

Reply to
Teddy Rubberford

Had a similar issue with the wife's Rover 200. It wasn't until I removed the boot lock and re-installed it that it started working - I assume because the earthing had improved. But, the CL motor itself is electrically isolated from the lock mechanism and also doesn't require earthing so, I've no idea why it works now.

Reply to
marpate1