Mondeo Main beam indicator lamp

05 Reg Ford Mondeo LX.

The main beam indicator lamp on the dash doesn't always come when the headlights are on full beam. I took it to the Ford dealers to get it repaired under warranty and wouldn't you know it the darn light worked. This seemed to totally baffle them , me I would have taken the bulb out of the dashboard anyway, cleaned the contacts and checked it was securely fitted. But that was beyond the comprehension of the black box jockeys that call themselves mechanics. If they can't fix it with a computer then ......no hope

Can someone tell me how hard it is to get at this bulb, do I need to rip the whole facia apart or does the dash panel come out fairly easy as I reckon I could do a better job fixing it myself.

Many thanks

Sam

Reply to
Sam Farrell