MOT fail on glovebox?

The glovebox lock has packed up and keep falling open. I'm having trouble getting a replacement before the MOT is up. Just now I've used a piece of duct-tape to hold it closed - but is that an MOT failure point? (Seems trivial to me but I never know about these things.) - Thanks

Reply to
Dave

Dave (dave@127.0.0.1) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No.

gives the tester's manual. If that doesn't say it's explicitly a fail, you can't fail on it.

Reply to
Adrian

To save any problems, could you remove the lid?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks both - will see if the lid will come off easily.

Reply to
Dave

If you can use a bit of duct tape to cover an external 'sharp edge' then I'm sure holding it shut with duct tape would be fine.

Reply to
PC Paul

this is a wind up right ?

Reply to
mr p

lol prolly not, you'd be amazed at what people think is part of the mot.

Reply to
reg

Is an MOT not a full service and inspection, telling you if it passes then the car is fine for another 12 months, 20k miles without further inspection/maintenance? ;)

David Hearn

And also things which are but don't intrinsically seem so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

i had one about an hour ago, guy bought in a 1975 Tr 7, i jot down all the relevant details so i can log the thing onto the computer, no signs of a chassis number, nothing stamped onto the body, so i had to refuse to test it, he wasnt happy, but informed me the chassis plate was at home, took it off but never put it back on, didnt think he'd need it .............arrrrrrgh give me strength !!!!

Reply to
reg

I thought cars of a certain age could be presented without chassis plates?

Reply to
Stuffed