Nasty rattle from engine when clutch pedal down on my Saxo T reg

Any ideas on what it might be.

Possible clutch problem ??? If it is. Is it worth just changing the bit, or the plates and bearing etc.

Reply to
luke58

Could be input shaft bearing on gearbox.

Reply to
Conor

some gearboxes DO rattle, it was certainly a common problem on fiats, first check should be gearbox oil, we used to increase the idle speed but you can't nowadays.

Reply to
MrCheerful

MrCheerful proclaimed to uk.rec.cars.maintenance ...

Could be a thrust bearing problem in the engine?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Its certainly more of a tin'y rattle, a bit like an exhaust rattle.

But its not the exhaust, as its just had a new one.

Reply to
luke58