Nissan Micra S 2006 1.2 automatic

I have 2003 Nissan Micra, and I have a problem. The car has remote control central locking, when I lock the doors with the remote key fob all the doors lock normal. But when I unlock the doors using the remote ket fob, all doors unlock nicely except the front passenger side, this does not open from the ourside. It does however open from the inside. Then when once opened from the inside, it then be opened from the outside also.

It seems, when the remote key fob is used to lock the car, the passenger side door can only be opened from the inside when the you unlock the door, then it opens from inside and outside.

Anyone know what the the problem might be.?

Reply to
khatrim

I know of a Clio that does that too. It's to stop someone jumping in if you open the car. Only the driver's door will open when you press one button, if you press it again or hold it down then all the doors unlock. You need to check with your local dealership. You probably misunderstand what is a safety feature. Most Micra drivers are women so they build in little extras like that to make them feel safer!

Reply to
Marsbar

quoted text -

Thanks, but I don't think this is a security feature. When I press the key fob once, only the driver door opens, then if your press it again within a 1-2 seconds all 4 doors are surpose to open, and they do except the front passenger side door.

Reply to
khatrim

most likely something is stiff in the mechanism and not moving as far as it should. the door needs some dismantling and the lock/operating bits need inspection, adjustment possibly and lubrication. I may even be that some minor spring in the door catch has broken and the catch assembly needs replacement.

Reply to
Mrcheerful