Omega Air Bag Warning Light

I have a N plate 3.0 litre V6 and the electrics have always been a little fragile, blow fuses for no apparent reason, variety of warning light malfunctions that would appear and disappear just as quickly. As with the other malfunctions this one (Air Bag Warning Light) just appeared one morning when the night before there had been no sign of any problem. Sorry can't afford dealership prices, private vehicle electrical diagnostic's not much help either.

Reply to
turning-grey

You're stuffed then. There's obviously a serious fault causing all the other stuff which needs addressing first. I'd try cleaning up all earth points for a start, especially the one for the ECU.

Reply to
Conor

I'm guessing a bit here, but often this relates to connectors under the seats, or to the seatbelts. On some Omegas you can reset the warnings yourself, on others you have to use a fault-code reader. I have found a local auto electrician with a fault-code reader to be helpful.

For more direct and knowledgable advice on Omegas, try

Chris Bolus

All Vauxhall's should come with a warning light, one that says "Warning it's a Vauxhall"

Takethe bulb out.

Stick it on Ebay.

Never buy another Vauxhall.

Reply to
unit244

Have you had your alternator checked for over charging?

Reply to
me140

Thanks Chris, Its struck something of a chord, but I'm almost sure that these faults have occurred when either my son, or daughter have driven the car, with the consequence that the seat has been adjusted (electrically). Thanks also for the network link.

Reply to
turning-grey

Martin

Omegas are good cars!!

Reply to
Martin

Compared with?

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Anything french.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim S Kemp ( snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nope, wouldn't swap that for an Omega if you paid me.

Reply to
Adrian

Seeing as I've just got shut of my Omega and bought another Merc.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Chris Bolus ( snipped-for-privacy@RILEYELFb0lus.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's no-one quite like Grandad...

Reply to
Adrian

Ahem! Not yet for a few years! Anyway the Merc will see off most other cars, in more ways than one.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I would say someone's had a little problem with a Vauxhall in the past or they listen to too much Jeremy Clarkson.

Reply to
gazzafield

From my PoV:

1) I despise Corsas, which seem universally to be driven by idiots from one end of the scale or the other.

2) My Omega proved to be the dullest, most disappointing car I've ever had. From a list of 51.

I'm sure some Vauxhalls are good cars for some people. They don't have any appeal for me. (I may come back to this after I've serviced the W-reg Astra that's on my front yard...)

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Clarkson & co mourned the passing of them

He thought they were great cars to be rear seat passengers in

Reply to
Martin

As opposed to being in the drivers seat. FWIW my kids said the Merc was more comfortable in the back, another reason why we bought another.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Nah, he thought the Vauxhall Signum was a great car to be a rear seat passenger in!

See video at

Harry Vauxhall Signum Elegance 1.9CDTI (150)

Reply to
Harry