[OT] Hyundai roof bars

Sorry if this is OT (not technically "maintenance") but all the web car forums are a dead loss IME.

Does anyone have the Hyundai roof bars with a newish vehicle (say last few years)? And are they any good? In particular, are they quiet of left on?

I'm getting a new Hyundai next Jan and am tossing up between Whispbars, Thule aero style and the Hyundai dealer bars.

Pros and cons on paper:

1) I measured the Hyundai bars on a Tucson against the power sunroof and there's 20mm clearance which should be OK with most carrier brackets plus it's a T-slot.

2) The Hyundai ones are rated to full roof load of 100kg. The Thule aero and Whispbars are only good to 75kg IIRC.

The Hyundai ones look *aero*, but without testing for real, no idea if they'd be noisy or not...

Cheers, Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not really a direct answer to your question but I recently had some Thule Aero bars on the Meriva (my first set after many many years using Thule square bars) and did quite a few motorway miles with them on and can't *say* I heard them at all, with or without a load (3m ply folding sailing boat and rig).

Seem pretty solid and once first fitted (and centred up etc), are pretty easy to take on and off (and are locked on etc).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m