Replacing a Starter motor on a VW Golf Turbo Diesel G Reg

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me

How hard would it be to change a starter motor on a VW Golf Turbo Diesel G Reg ? I am an absolute novice, so would a Haynes manual do the trick ? Any advice would be great Thanking you in advance Clive

Reply to
clivemcgee

Yes. Make sure you disconnect the battery before going anywhere near the cables to it with a spanner.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Generally speaking, if you can see the starter and the bolts which hold it to the engine you will be able to change it easily enough. Some of the buggers are hidden.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I think from memory the starter motor on this car is near the front left when standing infront of it and is easily changable. But I could be wrong having never done it and I have a memory like swizz cheese.

Reply to
magicman

If it's like the Passat 1.9TD, one of the bolts also holds an engine mount. Removing it without supporting the engine first can result in language that might upset the ladies.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke