SEAT Ibiza outside temperature gauge

Can anyone tell me where the external temp gauge sender on a Seat Ibiza 1.4 Cool S(X-reg yr 2000) is located.

The console display constantly reads around 20 deg C.

Is there a simple test to check whether the gauge or the display are the problem. Unfortunately there is no Haynes manual for this car yet.

Reply to
muttley

It will probalby beunder the front bumper panel somewhere, or just behind the radiator grill.

But at that age isn't it still under warranty?

Reply to
R. Murphy

The problem started after 37 months (3yr warranty - how do they do that?). The front bumper was where I first looked. There is a small bulge under the nearside wing mirror - I'll check that out later.

Reply to
muttley

I'd try it out with the ?Fiat Dealer, 1 month after warranty still should deserve a look by a decent dealer. At the very least, they will tell you where it is.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I don't know if it's any help, or if you've sorted the problem yet, but on my dad's Fabia the temperature sensor is attached to one of the foglights in the bumper. The handbook details how to fit and remove as it is disturbed when changing the foglight bulb. Very possible it's the same on the Ibiza.

Reply to
Bob Davis