Vauxhall Astra problems..help pls!

Hi! I have a 2000 Vauxhall Astra Envoy. It makes alovely clicking noise particularly when going round corners, someone told me it is quite common in Astras, my brother in law reckons it's the ball bearings or something, basically I'm not sure whether it is something that needs fixing urgently? and how much would I be looking at?

Also, a new development, when I go to work first thing, it seems to over rev when i'm changing gear. I make sure my foot is off the accelerator and I'm pushing the clutch enough, but it only seems to happen on the first run of the day. what is this??

please help! nikki

Reply to
nikki0002

the clicking is probably a worn cv joint. it should be fixed asap, but driven gently it will be safe enough for a short while. likely cost at a main dealer about 120 quid all in, cheaper from an independent, however from your other problem I would recommend a main dealer as they can best advise on that.

the revving when cold may not be anything at all, it may just be the way it is, hard to tell without someone used to that vehicle trying it out. (such as a main dealer)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful