A/C Problem

Hello friends at rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,

The A/C unit in my 99 Miata was working fine in the fall, putting out lots of cold air, tried it this spring and get nothing. Compressor clutch engages properly, gauges read 0 on the low side, 50 on the high side. When engine speed is increased to 2000 rpm, low side reads approx. 10, high side doesn't change. Unit has green dye in it, don't see any visual evidence of dye around compressor, condenser, drier or lines. Do I have a leak, or could there be some switch or component that's not functioning properly?

Thanks, Craig

Reply to
Craig

You should be seeing about 100 psi with the system off on both sides. If there is no pressure on the line, of if the pressure is low, I would say you either have a bad gage or the system has leaked.

Normal should be 25 to 45 on the low side with the compressor running if it is propperly charged. I do not advice putting a gage on the high side if the compressor is running.

Reply to
M. Cantera