Away for a few days...

...for the funeral of my father.

To those who are friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you have.

To those who are not friends -- sort of: thanks for any good thoughts you have.

And may none of you lose a loved one so unexpectedly.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Baker

Alan, so sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is to lose your father when you know it is coming. It has to be 10 times harder when it is unexpected. My thoughts/prayers are with you and your family.

dave

Reply to
Dave Lee

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:30:27 -0700, Alan Baker wrote (in article ):

Sorry to hear of your loss, Alan. I lost both my parents about 18 months apart a few years ago, so I know what you're going through. Come back to us when you are feeling better about things. Shalom for now.

Reply to
Fa-groon

I'm sorry for your loss.

Reply to
zara

Sorry to hear about that Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Sorry to hear about that.

Reply to
Tim Murray

Or wait for one we expect to lose. It's tough either way. You have my sympathy.

Reply to
Howard Brazee

I did. A very long time ago. It still hasn't healed. I sincerely hope your loss will heal. It's a bummer in any case.

Reply to
VtSkier

Alan Baker stated in post snipped-for-privacy@news.shawcable.com on 6/16/09 3:30 PM:

Sorry to hear of your loss, Alan. May you find what comfort you can during your time of grief.

Reply to
Snit

Sorry read about your lost, may you know most of us feel your lost and wish you the best. I also lost my father over 10 years ago through a long term of illness for no real hope of recovery although we wished for it all the same. It was very tough on the family with all the ups and downs. The long process doesn't make it any easier when it finally happens it is just a longer drawn out sense of pain. All my heart felt sympathy goes your way.

JQ Dancing on the edge

Reply to
JQ
Reply to
Dave Fritzinger

My condolences Alan. Both mine are gone as is my Son, so I really know where you're at.

Reply to
Jim

My condolences. It happened to me in April 2005 shortly after his 84th birthday. I took him to the doctor and by 5AM the next morning he was gone. We are a small close-knit family and it was very tough.

Take care.

Steve

Reply to
Steve de Mena

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:30:27 -0700, Alan Baker wrote (in article ):

Sorry to hear of your loss, Alan. I lost both of my parents several years ago (my dad went first, followed about 18 months later by my mom. My dad was 92 and my mom was 94 - they were both born the same year) so, I understand how you must feel. Come back to us when you're feeling better about things.

Reply to
Fa-groon

Alan, Sorry to hear of your loss.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Adams

A rite of passage I guess. Still sucks. I miss my father dearly and it's been 17 years. Enjoy your family, Alan.

-Greg

Reply to
dene

I am sorry for your loss -- I often think of my Dad when I playing golf because we had many good times there -- I hope you have something like that you can fall back on...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4160 (20090616) __________

Kommienezuspadt