190E 93' needs a rebuild

Just found this news group while searching for some info to rebuild the engine in 190E. The car only has 136,000 but is burning a quart of oil every 1500-2000 miles. Not really any noticeable smoke or smell. Wondering
if any one out there has had any experience in rebuilding one of these and what I might expect to find once I get into it. I have tried to locate another engine for the car but haven't had any luck. Any info on a reliable parts supplier would be appreciated also. This is my fiancι's car and she loves it and doesn't want to give up on it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Add pictures here
βœ–
If you get blue smoke after starting a cold engine you probably need guides and they can be replaced without removing the head. My wifes 190e2.3 did the same thing and after getting a couple of estimates I decided to have a mechanic replace the valve guides without taking the head off. That saved a bunch of money and did the trick.
--

73
Hank WD5JFR

"Here in NC" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
βœ–
I agree that it has to be the valve guide... or the valve seals only.
Add pictures here
βœ–
That seems normal for the mileage. You can expect to use a little oil later on in the life cycle. There is no reason why the car should not do a lot more miles without requiring a rebuild. Most manufacturers consider 1quart every 1000 miles acceptable when they handle warranty claims re. oil consumption.. On my 190E my oil consumption issues were leaks rather than burning of the oil. I would recommend that you check for oil leaks around the valve cover and top timing chain cover. Also check the cover under the engine for any evidence of oil leakage. You can also consider using specially formulated oils for high mileage engines. Peter

Add pictures here
βœ–
Why are you thinking rebuild? Using oil is a symtom. Is it leaking, or burning oil? Burning oil, blue smoke. Leaking oil, spots on ground, or sides of engine. Timing chain gasket, oil filter, valve cover, head gasket seal, oil pan gasket, all leak sites,.......and much,...much, cheaper to repair than
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks for all the info. There is no blue smoke or atleast no smoke that is visable and the concrete driveway is clean. I defienitaly don't have a leak. So thanks for the info on the valve guides. Aaron
Add pictures here
βœ–
Have a check on the condition of your coolant (the orange stuff, never use the green cheap coolant) for oil in there. Failed headgaskets are fairly common.
Add pictures here
βœ–
If you have the "under body panels" still in place, you may indeed have a leak, and it not show on the ground, pull "under panels" and check!
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's nothing. If the car drives fine then why bother with an expensive engine rebuild?
If it was burning 1L every fill up then it would be time to do a rebuild.
cp
Add pictures here
βœ–