1970 220D (115) Steering fluid leak

I seem to have the steering fluid on my old benz leaking out of the top of the reservoir was wondering what would cause this backpressure in the steering
system to cause the fluid to leak out over a few hours of driving. Thoughts?

Assuming this is the power steering resovoir, the seals are shot; at this age this is normal.
The rebuild kit is a couple of dollars.