1979 280 ce idles well but stalls when idling in gear.

I recently aqcuired a 1979 280 ce which has been sitting for some time. upon resurection she was very cooperative and was ready top run down the road. it idles well, drives down the freeway well, but wants
to stall out when you put it in gear with your foot on the brake. all the vacuum hoses seem to be in place, new plugs and whatnot have allready been put in. any ideas??
biffdog
1. Add a can of Techron to the fuel and drive it for a while. 2. Raise the idle speed.
Advance the timing a touch?

Better, be sure its set correctly, I recall TDC w/ distributor's vacuum advance plugged.